Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Confessions of a Closet Eater


My experiment for the last two weeks has yielded big time results!

What was the experiment? To eat only in the company of others, not alone.

The results? A seven-pound weight loss!

Food logs revealed that I was a closet eater....mindlessly snarfing down bags of gumdrops and handfuls of M&Ms...when no one else was around! I work at home out of a home office, so the eternal opportunity exists to eat and eat. And, wow, was I ever maximizing that opportunity...as my expanding waist line could easily attest.

My experiment required that I eat nothing unless someone was else was present, and that eating occur only at the dining table. No secret snacking. No spoonfuls of leftovers while cleaning up the kitchen. No clandestine frig raids. No munching while driving.

This is working well for me...you might want to give it a try to control that mindless eating gremlin that lurks so close to the surface.

And another thing to try...the amazing online food log offered by Nu4You, a San Francisco based nutrition firm owned by Manuel Villacorte. He is shaping me up (and doesn't even know that I am blogging about this!).






2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I have a horrible time with snack in the afternoon when the kids are napping....but I don't really do it when they are awake...I think because I don't want to share.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much for sharing and here's hoping the no-eating-when-alone rule works for you. Take good care!

    Coco

    ReplyDelete