Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nooks and Crannies of My Mind

Ewww, this poking around in the nooks and crannies of my psyche is a creepy endeavor. Sure, I need to come to terms with why I respond and act like I do. But, lordy, I never imagined it would be such a mental, emotional, spiritual and physical event. But it is.

So I continue to slog through my life to understand what motivates and drives me and even scares me. That way I'll get to the bottom of my desire for success coupled with the love (is this the right emotion???) of gumdrops, chocolate cookies, jelly beans, cheeseballs, Doritos, Baby Ruth candy bars, bridge mix, chocolate covered peppermint patties. There, I've finally made a list of all my "secret" foods that I scarf down in secret. There are little food banks throughout the house, my office, my car, my purse where I go when no one is looking. I think I used to like the taste of them but now I eat them so fast (don't want to be seen/discovered!) that it's more the act of eating than the flavor.

Got to get to the bottom of this nasty behavior 'cuz I've lost the weight before and let it all come back. Have to change that cycle once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment