Thursday, January 29, 2009

13 Calories Each

One gumdrop has 13 calories. Doesn't seem like alot -- until you eat the whole bag. And I've done that hundreds of times! I've spent the last week focusing more on diet research than digging whole hog into my psyche. Too much introspection all at once was getting overwhelming. Eat the 800 pound gorilla one bite at a time. (Curious isn't it, that this apt comment also references eating.)

After or during a tough day, I mindlessly downed a bag of gumdrops, handful after handful, not realizing I was porking away about 2600 extra calories...yikes! Who knew -- did you?

I work late alot and have a hubby at home who is allergic to the kitchen. So regardless of when I get home, he expects me to fix dinner. (Don't rag on me for putting up with this behavior. It's a trade-off for lots of other great things he does. You can't have it all!). So, I'd give him a call saying I'd be home bringing cheeseburgers. I'd go through the drive-thru and order 3 burgers. I would eat the third one while driving home and then eat "mine" alongside hubby.

Does anyone else do these wacko things??? How did you stop? I can be brave and share online but I don't have the courage yet to say such a thing publicly. Share your insight, please, please, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment