Monday, February 2, 2009

New Week, New Eating Style

Nifty -- a nutritionist who wants you to focus on your eating as a lifestyle, not a diet. OK, OK, maybe zillions of others have found this advice before but it feels new to me. So I'm going to give it a try. Nothing to lose except for maybe a few pounds!

Daily servings of grains and starches, non-starchy vegetables, fruit, dairy, very lean meats, healthy fats -- that's not so hard to do. Or so it seems today -- where were those nuggets of wisdom last night at the Super Bowl party when I inhaled 3 chocolate chip cookies?? I ate that first one and it was like the dying man at the well. I was a goner. So this morning on my nutritionist's web site I looked up the calorie count for those cookies. I was just floored to discover that I snarfed up 1300 calories in about 10 minutes -- OMG! That's a 100 more calories than I am supposed to eat in a day on his plan!

So today I'm off on a journey with a new eating plan and a new way to look at food. I've been down this road lots of times before but this time I have a new found desire to make it stick. On my earlier diets, I lacked the interest to explore my motivation to eat and eat and eat and not really pay attention to eating and eating and eating. There's obviously something that I'm trying to do with food to cover up or compensate for other issues. So let's get to the bottom of this once and for all.

I'd love to hear from others who may have taken this journey and arrived in a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment