Friday, February 27, 2009

Will You Run with Me?

While living on the West Coast, I used to jog in a forest of redwoods. I got my nature fix along with a dose of really good exercise. A redwood forest is a magical place - trees soaring to the sky, dappled sunlight dancing through tree limbs, spring water runoff dancing down the pebble strewn streams, the smell of fallen leaves. A jog there leaves you refreshed and feeling at one with the universe.

Careers and family brought us back east. Back to humidity, four seasons and more humidity. I gave up jogging. Now that I am on my quest for health and personal understanding and peace with my body, I started jogging again. The scenery is different but the internal peace remains the same.

Why do we stop exercising when it can make us feel so good inside and out??

No comments:

Post a Comment